Information for Employers of On-Call Firefighters
We are appealing to local employers who want to help their communities by supporting their staff to become RDS (On-Call) Firefighters.
RDS Firefighters come from a variety of backgrounds and occupations – there is no such thing as a ‘typical’ firefighter.
For example they can be skilled workers, teachers, production operatives, managers , office workers or stay at home parents.
As an employer, you will find that there are lots of benefits to having an RDS firefighter as a member of your staff.
What you can do for us:
- Share details of the RDS Firefighter role with your employees
- Allow employees time off work to train as an RDS Firefighter
- Agree set times that staff could be released from work to attend emergency incidents
What we can do for you:
- Provide your employees with a high standard of training in areas such as fire safety, manual handling and first aid
- Upskill your employees in a number of ways, including development of teamwork, problem solving and communication skills
- Offer opportunities for management qualifications
- Ensure your community and workplace is as safe as possible
- Raise the profile of your company across North Wales.
Many employers have told us that employing an on-call firefighter has helped to raise their company’s profile. Local press and trade publications are often interested in spreading the word about those companies that support the local community.
Firefighters have one of the most respected roles in the community, so if you are supporting an on-call firefighter, your caring corporate culture won’t go unnoticed.
If you're an employer with an employee who has informed you that they wish to become an RDS Firefighter, please read our information pack.
If you want to get involved and help us to help you and your community please call the Human Resources Department on 01745535250.