Man Rescued from House Fire in WrexhamPosted
North Wales Fire and Rescue was called to a house in Chester Road, Wrexham at 8.24pm this evening (Sunday 11 March) following a report of a fire.
Two fire appliances attended and a 51 year old man was rescued by firefighters and taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.
There is no further information on his condition at this time.
Police were also in attendance and Station Officer, Tony Jones said that the alarm was raised by someone who was going to the house and heard an alarm when she got out of her car.
He said: "The fire was contained to one room and this incident clearly shows the importance of smoke detectors in the home.
"We were alerted quickly and managed to limit the damage."
He said the cause of the fire was not being treated as suspicious.
For a free home fire safety check and advice on fire safety in your home, members of the public are urged to call North Wales Fire and Rescue Service's free 24 hour hotline on 0800 169 1234 or visit www.nwales-fireservice.org.uk or text 88365, prefixing the message with the word HFSC