When Did You Last Check Your Smoke Alarm?
If you live in Wales, your local fire and rescue service is
offering you a FREE smoke alarm and installation service. This home
fire safety check will help to keep you safe from fire.
Statistics show that you are six times more likely to die from a
fire in the home if you do not have a smoke alarm. Can you afford
to take this risk?
The FREE home fire safety check visit takes about 20 minutes and
will be arranged at your convenience. Fully trained fire and rescue
service staff, who always carry an identification card, will
- Supply and install lifesaving, free home smoke detectors or
ensure that your existing alarms are in working order
- Provide advice on how to make your home safe from fire
- Help you prepare an escape plan to assist you and your family
in safely making your way out of the property in the event of
- Provide specialised equipment for deaf and hard of hearing
- Assess whether you are at high risk and may benefit from
specialist equipment to help keep you safe
All of the above are FREE of charge and you can simply:
- Fill in this online enquiry form
- Call us on 0800 169 1234 at any time of the day or night to
- Email us using the contact from on the right
- Text 88365, prefixing the message with the
Taking action today really could mean the difference between
life and death.
Gary Brandrick, Senior Fire Safety Manager at North Wales Fire
and Rescue Service, said: "We have seen the devastation that fires
can cause first hand and know that a few simple precautions could
have prevented countless tragedies. Don't let tragedy strike your
family - stop the fire from starting in the first place."